Wenona is an independent, day and boarding school for girls, located in North Sydney, with an enviable reputation for innovation, a global perspective, and commitment to leading in education. Wenona girls graduate as Renaissance women; creative, resilient, articulate, well-educated, filled with a sense of optimism, and a capacity for adventure. There is a strong focus on service learning, design thinking, and a whole school approach to growth and development.
As a key Senior Leadership role at Wenona, the Deputy Principal (Professional Practice and Culture) works closely with the Principal to ensure that all staff at Wenona are committed to their own development and that leadership is fostered, nurtured and developed across the School K-12. Additionally, this role includes the leadership of all Human Resources functions of the school, ensuring that Wenona remains at the forefront of best practice in the areas of talent acquisition, succession planning strategies and recruitment of staff to meet the current and future needs of the school. They work in consultation with the other members of the Senior Leadership Team on their various leadership portfolios, developing the team culture, assisting with project management, and providing strategic advice across the school.
We are seeking an experienced educational leader who has a passion for developing the capacity of all staff within the Wenona community. This is a role that will prepare the right candidate for principalship, as it requires a candidate to demonstrate a depth of leadership in a staffing portfolio across the School, and work alongside an experienced Principal to lead a growing school community. The position of Deputy Principal (Professional Practice & Culture) is offered as a five year contract position with an attractive remuneration package.
Exposure to school governance will also enable the selected candidate to develop their expertise and understand the complexity of school leadership at this level.
With a start date in January 2023, the successful candidate will:
- Provide insight and evidence-based support to the Principal on all areas of staff professional development;
- Demonstrate knowledge of K-12 curriculum and how it shapes teaching and learning, and shapes the professional practice of teachers;
- Lead and manage staff professional feedback, and review processes;
- Drive the continued development of a world class leadership training program
- Lead change in a collaborative manner, delivering continuous school improvement initiatives, with a focus on innovation
- Enjoy building and mentoring highly effective teams that promote staff relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- Support the human resources function of the school, through effective recruitment and induction strategies
- Engage positively with the school community, responding to the needs of the community in a pro-active manner
- A visible, relational, and adaptive leader, who understands the complexities of schools
- A strong collaborator, who is able to manage teams effectively within a community
- A creative leader, who is comfortable with working organically, self-driven and enjoys initiating new ideas
- A keen attention to detail as evidenced in a capacity to execute multiple projects
- Strong and refined presentation and communication skills, with the ability to speak publicly with confidence and clarity and ensure that all written communication is respectful and reflective of the School’s values and culture
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
Wenona is a child safe environment. Our School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all School staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations including child safe standards. Wenona’s Code of Conduct is available on our website. www.wenona.nsw.edu.au
Wenona has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Fiona Hutton via email email@example.com, alternatively you may contact Jann Robinson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 774 734.
Applications close Monday 29th August 2022, at 5:00pm.