- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 26 February 2023 at 5:00 pm
Pembroke School is a vibrant, co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school offering education from ELC to Year 12. Located in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide, Pembroke’s unique culture is one based on the values of respect, care, and inclusivity, where all students can find their place.
Due to the retirement of the incumbent, Mr Kym Lawry after 29 years of outstanding service to the Pembroke community, the School is seeking a dynamic and relational Deputy Principal with a passion for education. This critically important role requires an educational leader with significant experience across a range of key aspects of school life, who will provide overarching operational support across the Early Learning Centre to Year 12. The role will support the Principal and their vision for the School, as well as the School’s Aims, strategic and operational objectives now and into the future. This is an exceptional opportunity for an outstanding educator with the drive and intellect required to grasp the complexities of school communities, who excels in leading and implementing change and innovation in a consultative and deliberate manner.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Ensure that School operations from the Early Learning Centre to Year 12 are coherent, well communicated, executed and regularly evaluated.
- Work closely with the Dean of Studies (Early Learning Centre to Year 12) to lead and develop overall coherence and coordination of all curriculum areas, seeking to build and develop consistent approaches to teaching and learning, assessment and reporting, and digital technology integration in the classroom.
- Support the Dean of Student Wellbeing (Early Learning Centre to Year 12) to guide and develop student wellbeing initiatives that support the social and emotional needs of young people and address student management concerns.
- Honour and advocate for student voice and agency in student wellbeing.
- Work with the Principal and Director of People and Culture on all staffing matters in relation to recruitment, learning and development, induction and leading a staff culture of professional inquiry and collaboration.
- Demonstrate commitment to the development of others, actively mentoring aspiring leaders and supporting colleagues.
- Be committed to a tenure that will see development as a leader and aspiring Principal in the long-term.
The position of Deputy Principal is being offered as a five-year contract with potential for renewal, with an attractive renumeration package, including a generous leave allowance. A negotiated start date will be confirmed with the successful candidate.
Pembroke School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Pembroke School in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 0434 914 188 or email@example.com.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications are due by Sunday 26th February, 2023 at 5:00pm.