- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday July 4, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Located in Newtown, Geelong, Sacred Heart College is a proud, dynamic, high performing school community with strong traditions, rich history and a deep sense of community and welcome. The College’s Catholic identity is best exemplified through a program of excellence that encourages students and staff to pursue the Mercy values of compassion, justice, respect, hospitality, service and courage. The Sacred Heart Way is identified through actions that uphold and advance Catherine McAuley’s vision of the lived Gospel, which is at the heart of the community.
Strategy 2021 and Beyond articulates the College vision of educating girls in the Mercy tradition to make a difference in the changing world. Key elements of the strategy focus on opportunities to reimagine learning that enables members of the College community to be creative, self-directed and critical thinkers, who are inspired to learn, whose natural inquisitiveness is nurtured and who strive for excellence. It enables the College to continue to embrace a collective inner strength, an unapologetic perseverance, unwavering determination and relentless courage that characterises the Community. The College is looking for a dynamic, driven and innovative leader to join the leadership team as Deputy Principal – Pedagogy, Learning Design and Innovation.
The primary purpose of the position is to drive and implement strategies and initiatives that will see the College continue its transformation into a vibrant learning village. Through the strengthening of the Network Model and a continued focus on professional practice and personal development, the position strategically leads learning and teaching priorities and initiatives in support of the Strategy.
The successful candidate will hold appropriate post graduate qualifications and leadership experience at a similar level. They will be an initiator of projects, able to inspire and motive staff and students to embrace change, and recognise and amplify the strengths and talents of others. Specifically, they will:
- Through a strategic lens, lead the College’s Redesigning Learning and Network Model projects to drive, review and support activities that maximise student progress.
- Promote and support the provision of a Catholic education for students that fosters a formation of the whole person and that is deeply and enduringly humanising.
- Strategically lead and create inspiration for the College’s learning and teaching practices, supporting staff to embed them widely, enhancing their implementation with the College, and promoting opportunities to improve student learning outcomes.
- Foster and promote reflective practice, professional dialogue and a collaborative approach to enhancing learning and teaching, supporting teams and individuals to embrace change in learning and teaching practices.
- Lead the College’s Position of Leadership network in the overall delivery of relevant projects and initiatives, with a particular focus on classroom (onsite and virtual) and curriculum innovation to improve student learning outcomes.
- Seek, explore and analyse existing and new data and research to identify, develop and improve learning and teaching practice across the College.
- Ensure formative and summative assessment is differentiated and informed by research, data and contemporary practice.
- Oversee the expansion of external partnerships that provide opportunities for students to experience deep learning.
Sacred Heart College Geelong is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Sacred Heart College Geelong has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack, please contact Fiona Hutton firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Amanda Samson email@example.com on 0433 356 911.
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 4 July 2022