- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday July 5, 5:00pm, 2021
Set in historic and beautiful surrounds, Loreto College Ballarat was the first of the Loreto Schools in Australia, established by Mother Gonzaga Barry in 1875. The vision, as a Loreto school, to offer a contemporary Catholic education which liberates, empowers and motivates students to use their individual gifts with confidence, creativity and generosity in loving and responsible service. The five pillars of a Loreto education are those of Freedom, Justice, Sincerity, Verity and Felicity. Loreto College has its foundation in the gospel of Jesus Christ and is proud to be part of and contribute to the larger Catholic community.
The Deputy Principal has a key responsibility in promoting a culture of continuous improvement to deliver high quality student-centred learning. They are responsible for the development of effective systems and processes across the College. The Deputy Principal works closely with members of the Leadership Team to create a culture of collaboration, ensuring a whole-school approach to professional learning and improvement.
In consultation with the Principal, they will facilitate the implementation of key strategic priorities, including the development of an extension campus. The Deputy Principal deputises for the Principal as required and works with the Leadership Team to ensure that Loreto College is a dynamic learning community in the Mary Ward tradition. Religious affiliation is not a condition of employment; however, applicants must be aware of and in sympathy with, the College’s religious aims as a Catholic school.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement. Commencing in Term 1, 2022 (or earlier by negotiation) this role reports directly to the Principal.
To be successful you will bring:
Demonstrated understanding of, interest in and commitment to the Catholic philosophy and ethos of the College and the Loreto Mission
- Strategic leadership experience working with College leaders developing a whole school approach to curriculum development, pedagogy, wellbeing, policy and assessment, with a focus on innovation
- A passion for leading high performing teams, a professional learning cycle and guiding aspiring leaders through a people and culture lens
- Capacity to nurture an aspirational and innovative culture for students which encompasses an evidence based approach to improvement across the areas of academic, wellbeing and faith
- An operational skillset that enables you to oversee and collaborate the College calendars, co-curricular programs, key events and the College timetable
- Demonstrated interest in the promotion of the education of girls, in designing programs and activities that are in line with current research and practice in girls’ education
Loreto College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Loreto College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a Candidate Information Pack, a confidential discussion or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Fiona Hutton at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday July 5, 5:00pm, 2021