- Permanent role
- Applications close: Thursday 29th July at 5pm.
Guildford Grammar School (WA) is seeking an inspiring and dynamic educator to lead student-centred learning and professional practice across K-12.
Since 1896, Guildford Grammar School has provided an outstanding education and helped shape some of Western Australia’s finest leaders. Whilst forever founded in history, values and traditions, the School has evolved over time to equip each new generation with the skills they need to succeed beyond the school gates. Guildford is located on a stunning campus on the banks of the Swan River, and has recently completed the transition to full co-education, including the completion of a new purpose-built, contemporary boarding facility that opened in 2021.
Reportable to the Principal, the Deputy Principal – Learning Leadership and Transformation (K-12) is a key member of the School’s Strategic Leadership Team and is responsible for leading innovative, student-centred learning and teaching across the School. The Deputy Principal – Learning Leadership and Transformation (K-12) will in work in partnership with The Deputy Principal – Wellbeing and Student Experience (K-12) and other School leaders to achieve the School’s Purpose and strategic priorities through the implementation of the new pedagogical matrix for success.
Beginning in 2022, this position is a new role and requires critical thinking, a continual improvement mindset and the ability to inspire and motivate others. This is an influencer role which requires working across all areas of the School and modelling thinking outside of traditional boundaries. To support strategic education initiatives and build upon current capabilities, the successful candidate will build connection and community amongst teaching staff to develop teaching programs that equally value the development of core competencies, interpersonal connections, academic outcomes and student wellbeing. The Deputy Principal – Learning Leadership and Transformation will leverage a deep understanding of future-focused education and significant expertise in education to inspire, guide, model and lead excellence to develop a strong and visionary learning culture.
In summary, the successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate commitment to the Purpose, Values and Anglican ethos of the School.
- Articulate a clear educational vision and demonstrate passion for the development of an educational approach that meets the needs of all students.
- Have the proven capacity to lead, motivate and inspire teachers to learn and to lead learning, bringing innovation and vision to life and encouraging a culture of innovation, professionalism and collaboration.
- Proven track record in leading and driving substantive change as a school leader.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills and an open, collegial and consultative style.
- Be expert at undertaking research, be able to think and plan strategically, form and carry out action plans, and evaluate outcomes.
- Value thoughtful and impactful use of Learning Technologies in the support of learning.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of ‘Duty of Care’ and place a high value on child wellbeing.
Guildford Grammar is committed to child safety. All Guildford members of staff are required to comply with applicable child protection legislation and are responsible for ensuring that the School’s Child Safe policies, procedures and programs are at the forefront of all we do.
Guildford Grammar School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require an application pack from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton 0499 000 973 or email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday 29th July at 5pm.