- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 30 July 2021 at 5:00 pm
Bayview College is seeking a dynamic, strategic and highly relational educator to lead continuous improvement and innovation in high quality teaching and learning for its growing secondary school (Years 7 – 12).
Bayview College is a vibrant, student centred, co-educational independent secondary college overlooking the beautiful Portland Bay, Victoria. It provides a safe and inclusive environment that offers an innovative, holistic education encompassing the academic, spiritual, emotional, physical, and cultural needs of each and every student. A comprehensive and engaging curriculum, excellent facilities, and challenging outdoor education and camps program provide students many opportunities to develop their skills and passions. The College motto ‘To Believe, To Think, To Achieve’ reflects its proud tradition as a contemporary and innovative education provider and underpins the Bayview College aspiration to design unique learning for its students to pursue their passions in a supportive community. Located on the foreshore overlooking the Portland Harbour precinct, student learning takes place both within and beyond the school walls and is augmented by strategic partnerships with other education providers.
Reporting directly to the Principal and working closely with a progressive and very capable Executive Team the Deputy Principal – Learning and Innovation will have responsibility for both the strategic and day-to-day leadership of the school with a specific emphasis on pedagogical practice, curriculum development, assessment and reporting. The Deputy Principal – Learning and Innovation will work collaboratively with key Middle Leaders and all educators to review, design, implement and evaluate academic and wellbeing programs for students in years 7 – 12, ensuring high quality educational outcomes for all students.
The Deputy Principal – Learning and Innovation builds strong connections with staff members, students and parents in the Bayview College community and more broadly with local and national educators.
This is an exciting opportunity for an applicant who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic and diverse environment with a particular interest in and a commitment to a thriving learning environment that fosters excellence. The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively with all stakeholders within the school community.
Commencing in Term 1, 2022 the role has a negotiated teaching load.
Key selection criteria include:
- Strategic leadership experience in developing future-focussed programs to meet the needs of contemporary learners.
- Proven experience as a highly competent project manager with the organisational capacity to oversee the end-to-end administration and management of various processes.
- An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in wellbeing programs, practices and initiatives for students and staff.
- Experience with the integration of technology for learning and the use of data to track progress.
- A passion for leading and developing high performing teams, with a focus on the growth of individual staff members.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment within which schools operate.
- A willingness and ability to support the Christian ethos of the school.
- Flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm for a dynamic work environment in regional Victoria
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Master’s in Educational Leadership and/or Curriculum or equivalent.
- Have experience as a senior leader.
- Be an active learner and networker.
- Hold a current and valid VIT Registration.
Bayview College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Bayview College has engaged Hutton Consulting to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Aine Maher on 0457521228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 4 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 30 July 2021