The Kilmore International School seeks to employ an exceptional educational leader with a commitment to academic excellence and student wellbeing within a senior secondary context. The successful candidate will commence on Monday 18th January, 2021.
The Kilmore International School was established in 1989 as an independent, non‐denominational, co‐educational boarding and day school for academically motivated students. The School is located in the township of Kilmore – one hour north of Melbourne close to the beautiful Macedon Ranges and Kinglake National Park.
The Kilmore International School has a reputation as a leading academic school with an impressive record of success in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Guided by the values and learner profile of the International Baccalaureate, the School is a close-knit international learning community where local students gain a global perspective through connecting and engaging with other students from different societies and cultures. By understanding and embracing cultural differences and similarities, all students forge strong relationships as members of local, national and global communities. Learning flourishes in this positive setting.
From the beginning of 2021, the Senior School will consist of Years 9 to 12. The School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Principal/Head of Senior School who will be a member of the School Executive and Senior Leadership Team and, in conjunction with the Deputy Principal/Head of Middle School, jointly assumes the role of Acting Principal in the absence of the Principal. An attractive salary and benefits package along with relocation costs will be negotiated.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a track record of educational leadership to manage change successfully and deliver continuous school improvement.
- demonstrated experience leading a strong, contemporary and challenging curriculum, delivered through the framework of the Australian Curriculum, and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- a track record of building and mentoring highly effective teams.
- skills to develop, review and deliver school strategy and operational plans.
- ability to motivate and engage staff, students and parents to ensure a climate of support and high expectations.
- experience of integrating and enabling technology for learning and using data to track student performance.
- experience of implementing Wellbeing policies and programmes.
- experience leading professional development and performance management of staff.
- effective management and monitoring of all school administration and operations.
- excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
- extensive teaching experience, preferably in an international, multi-lingual school.
The Kilmore International School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email Fiona Hutton at email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 2nd August 2020 at 5.00pm