- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 11 February, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Founded in 1982 in Kenthurst, 30km north-west of Sydney CBD, Hills Grammar School is located on a picturesque natural bush setting, on the perimeter of rapid suburban expansion, with a growing enrolment of 990 students from Early Childhood to 12, including a vibrant, successful Pre-School. A proudly diverse and inclusive school, Hills Grammar School is an independent, co-educational, non-denominational school with a culture shaped by the values built on respect, integrity, service and excellence. The Hills Grammar School aims to provide a unique and individualised curriculum which strives to be outward-looking and relevant to a changing world. There is an emphasis on the provision of a broad, liberal education and a commitment to a rigorous and challenging academic program, diverse co-curricular opportunities and a focus on knowing and developing the wellbeing of each child.
The Deputy Principal/Head of Senior School plays a vital role in leading and delivering initiatives aligned with achieving the School’s strategic vision. The successful candidate will have oversight of the academic, pastoral and operational areas of School life across the entire Early Childhood to Year 12 School. The Deputy Principal/Head of Senior School will inspire, guide and model excellence in supporting staff to develop a strong and visionary learning culture from Early Learning to Year 12. A relational and approachable leader, the Deputy Principal/Head of Senior School will assist the Principal in the operational and strategic leadership of the School, and constantly challenge and refine current practices to ensure continuous improvement. The Head of Senior School (Years 7-12) aspect of the role involves being responsible for the overall tone and climate, vision and leadership of the Senior School, with a particular focus on student and staff wellbeing, building a sense of community and belonging.
With a negotiable start date in 2022, the Deputy Principal/Head of Senior School reports directly to the Principal and is offered as a five year executive contract. Exposure to school governance will also enable the selected candidate to develop their expertise and understand the complexity of school leadership at this level.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate contemporary knowledge of curriculum, educational trends, schooling practices, wellbeing and pedagogy relevant to student and staff learning outcomes
- Promote teaching and learning with enthusiasm and conviction as the core business of the School, facilitating and fostering a positive learning climate for staff and students
- Work collaboratively with the Heads of School and the Head of Wellbeing to build and sustain a strong model of student leadership across the School
- Lead innovation and change collaboratively, modelling a positive and inclusive approach to change.
- Lead and manage the operational aspects of the Senior School with attention to risk and compliance
- Actively listen and respond to the community, understanding the core values and ensuring that the School works in partnership with parents and carers.
The Hills Grammar School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy https://www.hillsgrammar.nsw.edu.au/content/school-policies
The Hills Grammar School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access the candidate information, please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com or Jann Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications Close: Friday 11 February 2022, at 5pm.