- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 30 April, 2023 at 5.00pm.
Established in 1985, Emmanuel College is a thriving multi-faceted educational precinct, including Josiah College – a school catering for students between years 1 – 10 with autism spectrum disorder. Emmanuel and Josiah Colleges are located in Carrara, a suburb on the Gold Coast renowned for its world class golf courses and sporting facilities and just 7km from Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. With a student population of 1650 students, Emmanuel College is a leading independent school with exceptional facilities, a strong vision for shaping young people of character, and a community that prepares its students for success beyond secondary education.
Due to the retirement of the current outstanding Head of Senior School; Karen Farrow, Emmanuel College seeks a committed Christian leader and educator who has the ability to support the Principal in driving vision, strategy and culture across the senior school. This role requires the leader to assist with the execution of the continued long-term, strategic development of Emmanuel and Josiah Colleges, delivering strong academic, co-curricular, pastoral and spiritual outcomes. With a commencement start of Term 1, 2024, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational leader, with a dynamic presence and ability to authentically connect with all members of the Emmanuel community and external stakeholders.
The Deputy Principal – Head of School will be directly responsible to the Principal of the College and ultimately to the Board of Directors of Emmanuel College for the management of the relevant areas of the College in accordance with policies and planning strategies established by the Board, and operational guidelines established by the Principal.
The successful candidate will be expected to deputise for the Principal as requested, from time to time. The Deputy Principal – Head of Senior School is a critical leadership role in the life of the College and is a key member of the College Executive Leadership team. It is expected that the Deputy Principal – Head of School will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a Christian Education
- Develop an aspirational learning culture for both staff and students, inspiring a collegial approach to improving academic outcomes for all young people
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Lead innovation and change in an inclusive manner
- Lead and manage the operations of the senior school with a focus on excellence
- Empower staff, students and parents to actively engage with the College community through effective relationships
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate pastoral care, and the development of the School’s behavioural culture in ways that demonstrate an appropriate compatibility of standards across the Senior School
- Be committed to a tenure that will see development as a leader and aspiring Principal in the long-term.
The position of Deputy Principal – Head of Senior School is being offered as a permanent role, with an attractive renumeration package, including a generous leave allowance.
Emmanuel College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Emmanuel College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia.
Applications close Sunday 30th April, 2023 at 5.00pm