The Kilmore International School seeks to employ an exceptional educational leader with a commitment to academic excellence and student wellbeing within a middle school context. The successful candidate will commence on Monday 18th January, 2021.
The Kilmore International School was established in 1989 as an independent, non‐denominational, co‐educational boarding and day school for academically motivated students. The School is located in the township of Kilmore – one hour north of Melbourne close to the beautiful Macedon Ranges and Kinglake National Park.
The Kilmore International School has a reputation as a leading academic school with an impressive record of success in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Guided by the values and learner profile of the International Baccalaureate, the School is a close-knit international learning community where local students gain a global perspective through connecting and engaging with other students from different societies and cultures. By understanding and embracing cultural differences and similarities, all our students forge strong relationships as members of local, national and global communities. Learning flourishes in this positive setting.
From the beginning of 2021, the Middle School will consist of Years 3 to 8. Years 3 & 4 will be taught largely in the traditional primary model and will begin to transition to a middle schooling paradigm during the latter part of Year 4. The School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Principal/Head of Middle School who will be a member of the School Executive and Senior Leadership Team and, in conjunction with the Deputy Principal/Head of Senior School, jointly assumes the role of Acting Principal in the absence of the Principal. An attractive salary and benefits package along with relocation costs will be negotiated.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a track record of educational leadership to manage change successfully and deliver continuous school improvement.
- demonstrated experience leading a strong, contemporary and challenging curriculum, delivered through the framework of the Australian Curriculum and with a trans-disciplinary learning focus.
- a track record of building and mentoring highly effective teams.
- skills to develop, review and deliver school strategy and operational plans.
- ability to motivate and engage staff, students and parents to ensure a climate of support and high expectations.
- experience of integrating and enabling technology for learning and using data to track student performance.
- experience of implementing Wellbeing policies and programmes.
- experience leading professional development and performance management of staff.
- effective management and monitoring of all school administration and operations.
- excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
- extensive teaching experience, preferably in an international, multi-lingual school.
The Kilmore International School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email email@example.com or email Fiona Hutton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 2nd August 2020 at 5.00pm