- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 4th October 2021 at 5:00 pm
Aitken College is a co-educational, independent school in association with the Uniting Church, offering Prep to Year 12 education to more than 1400 students and located on 18 hectares in Greenvale, part of the urban growth corridor in the Northwest. Aitken College promotes and supports students to achieve their personal best with a focus on learning, citizenship, wellbeing, problem solving and critical thinking. The College prides itself in providing students with a set of values to become responsible members of our global world. The College values are Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Kindness and Respect, which are embedded in all aspects of College life. Open and effective communication between staff, students and parents is a key principle at all stages of school.
Reporting to the Assistant Principal (Primary) and working closely with a progressive Leadership Team, the Deputy Head of Primary will provide significant and visible support to the Assistant Principal (Primary) and will be required to deputise for the Assistant Principal (Primary) in their absence. The successful candidate will embrace a child-centred curriculum where contemporary pedagogy and positive behaviour underpin a continuous school improvement agenda, and data collection and analysis inform all aspects of practice. A thriving and cohesive primary school environment, Aitken College is looking forward to welcoming a number of new staff members in 2022 as the school grows. The Deputy Head of Primary builds strong connections with staff members, students and parents in the Aitken College community and more broadly with local and national educators.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced applicant who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic and diverse environment. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively with all stakeholders within the school community.
Commencing in Term 1, 2022 the role has a 0.3 FTE teaching load and is offered as an ongoing appointment. The successful candidate will be a skilled communicator, adept at engaging all stakeholders in a high performing primary school community, providing leadership in the development of staff as continuous learners, maintaining sustained positive relationships with parents and visibly supporting community events.
Key selection criteria include:
- Demonstrated excellence as a primary teacher with a strong knowledge of evidence-based pedagogies and a commitment to high expectations that honour the innate capacity of each child
- Proven experience as a highly competent project manager with the organisational capacity to oversee the end-to-end administration and management of various processes
- An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellence in wellbeing programs, practices and initiatives for students and staff.
- Experience with data-informed practice
- Flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm for a dynamic work environment
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Masters in Educational Leadership or equivalent
- Have leadership experience
- Hold a current and valid VIT Registration
Aitken College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Aitken College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant – Aine Maher on 0457 521 228 or email email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 4 October 2021 at 5.00pm