Founded in 1912, De La Salle is an independent Catholic College for boys in Years 5 – 12. Located on three campuses in Malvern and Malvern East, the College provides a respectful, encouraging and child safe environment where strong family values are reinforced.
Building on more than a century of tradition, this outstanding school, part of an international Lasallian network, pursues innovation and academic excellence in a supportive Christian community. A positive school environment, guided by the Lasallian charism enables the College’s young men to discover their potential and mission in a community of faith, thereby preparing them for life in the rapidly changing world of the 21st Century. The Director of Finance and Administration is expected to support the ethos of De La Salle College and make strategic contributions to the vision and goals of the College, fostering a climate of quality and excellence.
The Director of Finance and Administration reports to the Principal, is a member of the Executive Team and is an ex-officio member of the Board.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide strategic and operational financial leadership for the effective administration and day-to-day management of De La Salle College. With authority to make significant decisions, the Director of Finance and Administration will, in consultation with the Principal, have primary responsibility for the leadership of those areas of the College that support the educational services provided at De La Salle. The Director of Finance and Administration will also adopt a leading role on the College Finance Committee, being responsible for minutes, agendas, following up agreed actions, all administrative aspects and for ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
The successful candidate will have an innate ability and proven experience to:
- Play an active role in the development and implementation of the current and future strategies and objectives, ensuring that the College makes the best use of its resources including consideration of financial implications of planned strategies;
- Partner with the Principal and Board to provide strong and sustainable long-term financial management of the College, including development of financial strategies and goals;
- Ensure effective risk management practices including Occupational Health and Safety, disaster recovery, employment law and third-party contract management;
- Lead and manage all Finance, Administration and Property team staff ensuring that legislative and regulatory requirements are met;
- Promote a strong working relationship between teaching and support staff to deliver strong outcomes for students, staff and the College community;
- Encourage and maintain a climate of quality and excellence within the College and develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Model a positive approach to change.
De La Salle College has a zero tolerance of all forms of child abuse and has policies and processes in place to protect students. The College takes all allegations and concerns seriously, and responds in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
The position is a full-time, ongoing position, offered in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Employer Agreement 2018. A competitive salary will be negotiated appropriate to qualifications and experience.
To Enquire and Apply:
De La Salle College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a full position description, a confidential discussion or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 8 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th February 2020 at 5:00pm.