- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 8 November, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Preshil – The Margaret Lyttle Memorial College seeks a skilful practitioner to develop and manage all aspects of the school’s communications plan.
Preshil, a coeducational, secular, independent school it is not only Australia’s oldest progressive school but was influential in the development of progressive pedagogy at the local, national and international levels, focusing on the education of each individual child and the social relationships which support their development as critical and creative thinkers. Preshil remains deliberately small. It welcomes children from three years of age into the kindergarten through to the completion of their secondary schooling at Year 12. Preshil is an International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School, offering accredited IB Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a skilful Communications & Marketing professional to join the school. The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will direct Preshil’s internal and external communications to enhance the visibility of the school and strengthen the relationship between the school and its constituent groups, including prospective families, current students and their parents, as well as alumni and friends of the school. The incumbent will develop and manage all aspects of the school’s communications plan, including publications, media relations, special event publicity, and online platforms. Ultimately responsible to the Principal, the Communications & Marketing Coordinator, will work closely Heads of Campus, supporting them and all staff members in articulating a shared understanding of Preshil’s policies and practice.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Directing the school’s internal and external communications and marketing, advancing Preshil’s goals and increasing engagement with constituencies.
- Managing all aspects of the school’s communications and marketing plan, including print and online communication, event publicity, and media relations.
- Developing and managing an integrated social media presence.
- Developing key messages (admissions, publications, marketing materials, collateral materials, campaign materials, etc.) for multiple constituencies.
- Overseeing the coordination of graphic design, advertising, photography, videography, writing, editing, graphic identity, speeches/remarks, and online content.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven success as an administrator responsible for communications and marketing
- Relevant education in the field of communications and/or marketing
- Flexibility and creativity in a fast-moving office environment
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines
- Ability to develop, monitor and adhere to budgets and production schedules.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the value of diversity within a school
Preshil is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the school’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Preshil has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Do Not Apply Directly Online. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact Aine Maher on 0457 521 228 or email email@example.com
Applications close Monday 8th November 2021 at 5:00 pm