- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 4 April 2022 at 5:00pm.
Scotch College, Adelaide is a leading independent school located in Torrens Park, South Australia. The College shares the values of communal wellbeing and enduring commitment to the purposeful educational journey of their students.
As College Head of Performing Arts you will provide vision, strategic leadership, innovation, and management of the Performing Arts Faculties. This includes overseeing the delivery and provision of a quality curricula and co-curricula offering, across the College (Reception – Year 12) in the areas of Dance, Drama and Music.
Your role is to lead a faculty inclusive of Department coordinators, Ensemble coordinators, Professional Services staff, visiting instrumental teachers and specialist Performing Arts practitioners.
You will champion the Performing Arts, with a strong and clearly articulated vision, that has structure to support the delivery of best practice outcomes. Your oversight includes leading and developing key staff, as well as managing the administrative operations of the area, to foster a highly collaboratively motivated team.
You will be enthusiastic, have exemplary mentoring skills and be able to collaborate in a professional manner. A major expectation will be the support of and contribution to the promotion and implementation of the current strategic directions of the College.
For more information on the College please visit https://www.scotch.sa.edu.au/
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Capacity to create partnerships with institutions and organizations beyond the educational environment
- Leadership and an acknowledged record as an outstanding educator in the Performing Arts
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Post-graduate qualifications in a Performing Arts discipline, preferably in performance
- Registration to teach in South Australia
- High level of digital capability
- Management and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Contemporaneous approach to the curriculum with evidence of innovation and outstanding outcomes
- Ability to develop, promote and implement new and creative initiatives
Scotch College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Scotch College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a full position description, a confidential discussion, or enquiries regarding the application process, please contactnDarren Roylett 0488 001064 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday 4 April at 5pm.