- Permanent role
- Applications close: Thursday 8th April 2021 5.00pm
Strathcona Girls Grammar seeks a mature, contemporary Chaplain to support the Principal in the leadership of the spiritual life of the school.
Located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Strathcona Girls Grammar has the reputation of a strongly connected community of learners where students achieve excellent academic and co-curricular results. It is a unique, medium-sized girls’ school with three separate campuses, providing an enriching education from ELC to Year 12. Strathcona’s Baptist guiding values were established in 1943 when Baptist Union Victoria purchased the school, and are well embedded in the culture of the school.
The Strathcona environment nurtures the pursuit of academic excellence, co-curricular involvement, leadership development and the community and social engagement that each girl chooses to pursue. The School aims to afford girls the opportunity to try various activities so that each individual is able to recognise and develop her own interests and unique attributes.
Beginning in Term 3, 2021, or earlier by negotiation, the Chaplain will promote and enable the Strathcona Strategic Vision, provide Christian and Service leadership in support of the pastoral care team across the community. This role has a negotiated teaching load, which will entail teaching Christian Studies as timetabled and working with the Junior School Christian Education Teacher to direct and oversee the continuing development of an inspiring, innovative, challenging and biblically based Christian Studies curriculum from Prep – Year 12. Reporting to the Head of Humanities, the successful candidate will support the Senior Leadership Team, bringing a Christian lens to events, conversations and strategic initiatives.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Strong Christian character, as an authentic, practising Christian aligned to the values of the School
- An ability to communicate clearly, empathically and support the Wellbeing programs and practices of the School
- An inspiring presence, able to engage all school members through speaking and worship
- A strong ability to effectively collaborate as high performing team member
- High level of organisational and time management skills.
- Appreciation of attributes required to work in a high performing all girls’ school.
The successful applicant will require:
- Eligibility for registration as a teacher in Victoria, Australia
- A current, valid Working with Children Clearance and knowledge of appropriate behaviour and legal obligations relating to child safety
Strathcona Girls Grammar is a child safe institution. Applicants must provide a valid Working with Children Clearance (WWCC) check at the time of application or before employment. All appointments are subject to child protection legislation and employment screening.
Strathcona Girls Grammar has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the position description, please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 8th April, 2021 at 5.00pm