The recruitment for this role has not yet commenced.
Expressions of interest are welcome and the recruitment process will commence early in 2024.
The AITC opened in 2006 as a Registered Training Authority and transitioned to a school in 2008. In 2010 it underwent a name change to the Australian Industry Trade College. The AITC is a deliberately different school for students who are seeking an industry-driven educational experience.
The College has six operational schools:
- Australian Industry Trade College – Brisbane
- Australian Industry Trade College – Gold Coast
- Australian Industry Trade College – Redlands
- Australian Industry Trade College – Toowoomba
- Australian Industry Trade College – Ipswich
- Australian Industry Trade College – Sunshine Coast
The AITC provides a three-year Senior Secondary Program for young people in Years 10 to 12 that meets the requirements of the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA) at the same time developing enterprise and industry skills in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
The AITC Board is responsible for governance practices and for strategy formation and policy making. The Board Directors bring expertise across the appropriate areas of the AITC’s strategic plan, including: educational delivery, industry leadership, legal matters, business management, vocational training and finance. The AITC reports against the Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations.
The Board acknowledges that the continued success of AITC requires ongoing investment and capacity building, including:
- embedding a culture based on a clear singular identity and purpose
- elevating AITC’s educational provision to be of high quality and engage young people in learning (relevance, quality and engagement)
- the need to improve and build deeper industry relations and focus on meeting industry needs
- improving customer satisfaction
- enhancing project execution competence
The AITC Executive consists of three (3) Heads of Division and the CEO. The College has strong partnerships with industry and the Board would prefer that the CEO come from an educational background, but with strong industry and commercial understanding.
The AITC Board has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search for this position and the process will commence early in 2024. In the interim, expressions of interest can be submitted by email to email@example.com.