- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 30th May, 2022 at 5:00pm.
With the retirement of the Business Manager, David Jennings, the College is seeking to appoint a dynamic and experienced leader to play an active role, with the Headmaster and Council, in leading the financial management and business operations of the College from Term 1, 2023.
William Clarke College is located in Kellyville in Sydney’s growing northwest. The College was established in 1988 as an independent, Anglican co-educational College. The College commenced with 113 students in Years 7 and 8 and initially offered only secondary schooling. In 2007 the College expanded and introduced a Primary School. In 2015 the College commenced a Pre-School to allow families in the local community to enter the College the year before Kindergarten. Today, the College has over 1900 students and 250 staff.
The Business Manager is a senior member of the College Executive team and is appointed to the College by the Headmaster in consultation with the College Council. The Business Manager in conjunction with the Headmaster, holds the most senior corporate, finance and property position within the College. As a member of the College Executive Team, the position will require some involvement in College Community activities outside designated hours.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a person of evangelical Christian convictions and character actively involved in church and committed to the work of Christian education
- Lead and manage the development and accountability for all financial and trading activities within the College
- Drive improvements in the management and maintenance of financial and reporting systems and business operations
- Act as the Public Officer and Secretariat of the College Council and sub-committees
- Ensure risk management is delivered to the highest standard, bringing a risk minimisation view, including the preparation of risk management and NESA compliance and registration
- Develop new projects and briefs, working with the School’s Architects as well as the Headmaster, School Council and Sub-Committee as well as long term master planning and scenario development
- Manage a diverse portfolio of activities, from company secretarial duties to the management of capital works. Strong financial planning and analytical skills will be required
William Clarke College is committed to child safety. All College members of staff are required to comply with applicable child protection legislation and are responsible for ensuring that the College’s Child Safe policies, procedures and programs are at the forefront of all they do. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
William Clarke College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Jann Robinson on 0437 774 734 firstname.lastname@example.org or Darren Roylett via email email@example.com
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications close on Monday 30th May at 5pm