- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 17th April, 2020 at 5.00pm.
The Kilmore International School is an independent, non-denominational, co‐educational boarding and day school located in the township of Kilmore – one hour north of Melbourne. The School is seeking a relational and skilled Business Manager.
Reporting directly to the Principal, the Business Manager holds a significant Senior Executive position in the School.
The Business Manager has responsibility for the management and leadership of all non-educational elements of the School and plays a critical role in ensuring the continued financial stability of the School. The Business Manager works closely with the Principal to shape and deliver the School’s strategic directions and initiatives.
The Business Manager will provide strong strategic, operational and commercial leadership, ensuring the efficient delivery of a range of services that includes, but is not limited to, the provision, development and operation of all matters in relation to Finance, Facilities, Legal and Compliance, Administration and Marketing, Employment, Procurement and Grounds Maintenance, Health & Safety, ICT and Catering.
The Business Manager has overall responsibility for a large and diverse team of support staff. This team is managed through a number of direct reports, which includes the Finance and Human Resources Manager, Operations Manager, Network Manager and Kitchen Manager who are in turn supported by specific teams. The Business Manager also works closely with the Board, Board Subcommittees, the International Marketing Team and the Principal.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The primary purpose of the role is to provide strategic and operational financial leadership for the effective administration and day-to-day management of The Kilmore International School by:
- working with the Principal as part of the Leadership Team to ensure effective financial management
- keeping within the financial budgets and adhering to best practice, policies, processes and legislation
- developing financial structures which support and enhance the educational aims of the School
- providing adequate, timely and appropriate advice to allow the Principal to make informed decisions relating to the management of the whole School.
This position requires a leader who has the business acumen required to successfully run a multifaceted organisation.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (CPA, ACA or IPA as a minimum) and have appropriate tertiary qualifications.
- Eligible for membership of Association of School Business Administrators.
- Thorough understanding of, and experience in, corporate governance, risk management, compliance and work health and safety.
- Demonstrated success in large scale commercial and property management including financial and employment protocols and reporting, budgeting, forecasting, planning and monitoring.
- Highly effective administrative and decision-making skills
- Excellent computing proficiency and ICT literacy with relevant software packages.
- Highly numerate with first-class analytical skills and the ability to oversee the development of financial plans.
- Record of successful strategic and operational management experience in another major organisation managing contracts, staff, budgets and reporting.
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams including the recruitment, performance management and development of staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective working relationships with peers, customers, staff and contractors
- Excellent negotiation and consultation skills with strong written communication skills.
- You have not been disqualified from managing a corporation or providing financial services or engaging in credit activities by ASIC or a court.
The Kilmore International School is a Child Safe Organisation with zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff will be responsible for understanding and applying the TKIS Child Protection and Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and associated policies, guidelines and training.
Candidates are advised that any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory National Criminal Records Check and Victorian Working with Children Check.
A remuneration package reflecting the level of skill and experience brought to the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will enter into an executive contract for a period of three years with an option to renew based on mutual agreement and subject to satisfactory performance appraisals. The performance appraisals will be conducted annually by the Principal.
To Enquire and Apply:
The Kilmore International School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email email@example.com or Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the candidate information pack (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 8 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th April 2020 at 5:00pm.