- Permanent, Full-time
- Applications close: Monday 2nd December, 2019 at 5:00pm
Central Coast Sports College is a leading co-educational provider of academic and high-level sports programs. Located in Kariong in the stunning Central Coast area of NSW, the College is a “proudly progressive” co-ed, K-12 school that emphasises physical activity and goal setting to help students achieve their dreams — on and off the field.
This top ranked sporting private college offers a unique academic environment where the responsibility for learning is handed back to the student, where teachers act as mentors and guides rather than directors. It’s not just about academics and it’s not just about sport. The Central Coast Sports College feels strongly about a child’s overall development.
Beginning in 2020, the Business Manager will lead the efficient and effective implementation as well as manage the delivery, evaluation and improvement of the financial services within the school. Reporting to the Principal and with the dual role of Company Secretary for the College Board, the successful candidate will ensure the management of the accounting, human and physical resources is executed to a high level of professionalism.
The Business Manager will have a primary responsibility for the leadership of significant areas or functions within the College to support the educational services being provided to students. In exercising the responsibility, the Business Manager will have the authority to make significant decisions, in consultation with the Principal, relating to the program, budget and staff within the framework of the College’s strategic plan, policies and budget. The Business Manager contributes to the overall leadership of the College through involvement in policy formulation and decision making, as a key member of the Executive Leadership team.
The successful candidate will have an innate ability and proven experience to:
- Demonstrate considerable autonomy, ensuring business service outcomes are achieved; leading diverse teams; and playing a proactive role in modelling service delivery and expectations within a dynamic school environment.
- Provide support and leadership in the provision of a range of executive and administrative support services (e.g. manage multiple tasks and diverse/multidisciplinary work groups with conflicting priorities and timeframes; interpret policies and oversee training and professional development for school support staff), and recommend and implement changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of those processes and work practices.
- Contribute to financial planning processes including developing, planning, monitoring and reviewing the annual college budget, regularly reporting to the College Executive Team and ensuring that financial activities comply with legislation and policy. Conduct analysis and provide information and advice to the Principal regarding the school’s financial situation.
- Provide facilities management advice and project management (e.g. evaluate new work and renovation projects in collaboration with the Principal; negotiate with external contractors; make recommendations and decisions in collaboration with the Principal; manage and review the Minor Works[HB1], grounds maintenance, and grounds improvement budgets). Consider alternative pathways for more effective and sustainable resource utilisation.
- Build networks with other Business Managers, staff and community representatives to ensure the provision of corporate services meets best practice, and act as a role model for talent within the network.
To Enquire and Apply: The Central Coast Sports College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a full position description, a confidential discussion or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email email@example.com or Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 8 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Monday 2nd December, 2019 at 5:00pm.