- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 17th April, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Known for providing excellence in education from playgroup through to early years and on to Year 7, St Andrew’s School is an International Baccalaureate School and a UNESCO Associated School located in inner suburban Walkerville, South Australia. Celebrating its 170th Anniversary in 2020, St Andrew’s provides specialist co-educational primary education in an environment that encourages inquiry and creativity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen and St Andrew’s is seeking a dynamic, relational and skilled Business Manager to provide strategic and operational financial leadership for the effective administration and day-to-day management of the School by:
- working with the Principal as part of the Leadership Team and other stakeholders to implement financial changes within the School
- keeping within the financial budgets and adhering to best practice, policies, processes and legislation
- developing financial structures which support and enhance the educational aims of the School
- providing adequate, timely and appropriate advice to allow the Principal to make informed decisions relating to the management of the whole School.
The Business Manager reports to the Principal, is a member of the Executive Team and is an ex-officio member of the Board. The Business Manager has responsibility for the business operations functions which support the School including Finance, Administration, Property Services, Human Resources, Marketing and Enrolments.
The successful candidate will have an innate ability and proven experience to:
- Play an active role in the development and implementation of the current and future strategies and objectives, ensuring that the School makes the best use of its resources including consideration of financial implications of initiatives
- Partner with the Principal and Board to provide strong and sustainable long-term financial management of the School, including development of financial strategies and goals
- Ensure effective risk management practices including Occupational Health and Safety, disaster recovery, employment law and third-party contract management
- Lead and manage all Finance, Administration and Property team staff ensuring that legislative and regulatory requirements are met
- Promote a strong working relationship between teaching and support staff to deliver strong outcomes for students, staff and the School community
- Encourage and maintain a climate of quality and excellence within the School and develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Model a positive approach to change.
The School has a zero tolerance of all forms of child abuse and actively works to listen to and empower students. The School has policies and processes in place to protect students from abuse and takes all allegations and concerns seriously and responds in accordance with its policies and procedures.
Staff must adhere to the following:
- The Staff Code of Conduct, and any other policies or procedures relating to child safety
- Assist in the provision of a child-safe environment for students
- Demonstrate duty of care to students in relation to their physical and mental wellbeing.
A remuneration package reflecting the level of skill and experience brought to the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will enter into an executive contract for a period of five years with an option to renew based on mutual agreement and subject to satisfactory performance appraisals.
To Enquire and Apply:
St Andrew’s School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email email@example.com or Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the candidate information pack (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 8 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Applications close Friday 17th April 2020 at 5:00pm.