- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 6th June , 2022 at 5:00pm.
Freshwater Christian College is located in the beautiful tropical environment of Cairns. Renowned for offering a genuinely Christian environment that enriches the child’s mind, body and spirit, the College has two streams running throughout. Situated on extensive land in the suburb of Brinsmead, Cairns, Freshwater offers a safe, caring and Christian environment for its 580 students. Its warm and vibrant community developed as a ministry of Freshwater Church, an institution that started in 1924. Freshwater is an independent co-educational school that has enjoyed strong growth. Its facilities are fresh and new and sit on a site within a few minutes of the sea and the bustling center of Cairns with all its facilities and multiple attractions.
The College Board seeks a Business Manager whose Christian faith informs their professional practice. The successful applicant will provide strategic and operational financial leadership for the effective administration and day-to-day management of Freshwater Christian College by:
- Working with the Principal as part of the College Executive and other stakeholders to implement financial changes within the College
- Keeping within the financial budgets and adhering to best practice, policies, processes and legislation
- Developing financial structures which support and enhance the educational aims of the College
- Providing adequate, timely and appropriate advice to allow the Principal to make informed decisions relating to the management of the whole College.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a Christian Education
- Lead a financial team and promote best practice in fiscal probity
- Promote continuous improvement of school management practices
- Nurture the human resources of Freshwater Christian College so that it is a favoured place of employment
- Oversee the College’s built environment and educational facilities
- Manage the compliance, reporting and the legal obligations of the College
- Maintain good relationships with both the College Executive and the College Board and manage complex stakeholder networks
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the College’s business operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, property/grounds maintenance and governance
Freshwater Christian College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment and where their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives.
The Freshwater Christian College Council has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Tim Hawkes via email email@example.com or Darren Roylett via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 6th June at 5.00pm