St Michael’s Grammar School is seeking a dynamic, visionary leader, committed to leading future focused pedagogical practice in an innovative learning community.
- Implement the K-12 teaching, learning and caring framework with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Work creatively and assiduously with staff to maintain a clear line of sight to student learning and growth
- Actively motivate and inspire the professional growth of staff
- Ensure student empowerment and external partnerships are key aspects of the learning journey
St Michael’s Grammar School is one of the leading co-educational, independent schools in Australia, providing exceptional learning opportunities to students from Kindergarten to Year 12. The School was established by the Anglican Community of the Sisters of the Church on its current site in St Kilda in 1895.
Educational excellence matters at St Michael’s Grammar School. The learning experiences at the School prepare young people to flourish in a creative and contemporary context, enabling them to build the skills and develop the personal qualities that will serve them throughout their lives.
With the departure of the current incumbent after seventeen years of outstanding service in a range of leadership roles, St Michael’s Grammar School seeks applications from experienced leaders for the position of Associate Head (Teaching, Learning and Innovation).
Commencing in Term 1, 2020, the Associate Head (Teaching, Learning and Innovation) will have the vision, commitment and ability to lead the community in the exciting next phase of the School’s development. Working directly with the Head of the School, the Associate Head (Teaching, Learning and Innovation) will be an influential, knowledgeable, energetic, positive, creative and visible leader within the School community, able to inspire and motivate colleagues and students as well as develop strong home-school partnerships with families. It is essential for the successful applicant to have a focus on rigorous, student-centred learning, and a strong understanding of emerging trends and best practice in national and international contexts.
As a strong practitioner, scholar, collaborator, communicator and networker, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide positive leadership to support the School’s strategic intent to build on our existing teaching, learning and caring programs, bringing a global future focus to the role
- Bring a solid knowledge of contemporary research into teaching, learning and caring practice relevant to each age and stage of development, including a demonstrated ability to use data to drive continuous improvement in the School’s learning programs
- Manage staff employment, performance coaching and professional growth programs to equip and inspire teachers to reflect on and enquire into the impact of their practice
- Demonstrate a high level of leadership ability to build and sustain relationships with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Strategically lead innovation, improvement and change, ensuring the School continues to lead in reflecting contemporary approaches to education
- Co-construct meaningful learning opportunities with students and staff to ensure efficacy around student agency
St Michael’s Grammar School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School’s website.
St Michael’s Grammar School has engaged Hutton Consulting to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 5 July, 2019