Located 20 minutes from the centre of Adelaide in the suburb of Salisbury Downs, Thomas More College is a Catholic co-educational, secondary school. Widely recognised as one the leading schools across all sectors for its innovative work in capabilities-based learning, the College aims to provide teaching and learning experiences which support young people in becoming thriving individuals.
Following the appointment of Dr Chris Soar to a principalship, applications are invited for the role of Assistant Principal: Teaching and Learning (APTL), commencing in Term One, 2024. The APTL will be responsible for the continuous improvement of student learning and the quality of teaching throughout the College, consistent with the College’s strategic plan, vision, mission and values.
The successful candidate will be committed to the learning and academic growth of all students, will demonstrate an understanding of contemporary educational research and will have expertise in pedagogy, curriculum planning and assessment.
The Assistant Principal: Teaching and Learning will:
- Take responsibility for continuous improvement of teaching and learning practices, lead learning and innovation and promote best practice pedagogy.
- Lead innovation, improvement and change, reinforcing the College’s Teaching and Learning Framework and reflecting contemporary thinking.
- Develop expertise in curriculum and pedagogical practice within a future focused setting.
- Lead the Curriculum Committee, Heads of Departments and other staff allocated to curriculum roles to ensure a coordinated, coherent and connected College program.
- Develop high academic expectations in students and staff.
- Ensure the use of data to inform best practice in teaching.
Thomas More College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Thomas More College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access candidate information, please contact Rob Sieben 0408 083 083 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Menagé email@example.com
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Sunday 8th October 2023.