- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 17 August, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Macquarie College seeks an outstanding Assistant Principal (Student Wellbeing) to support the Principal in leading wellbeing and pastoral care (K-12).
Macquarie College is an aspirational, future-focused learning community, where the pursuit of excellence is nurtured in an inclusive, Christ-centred environment. Part of the Seventh-day Adventist System of Schools, the College is located on an eight hectare site in Wallsend, nestled between the rapidly growing Lake Macquarie and Newcastle City areas.
Macquarie College staff comprise innovators, pioneers and co-learners, who appreciate this as a meaningful, inspiring and progressive workplace where they are empowered for a fulfilling career and to make a positive impact on students. As a member of the Future Schools Alliance (FSA), the Assistant Principal (Student Wellbeing) will be a dynamic leader, integral in contributing to the school’s journey towards transformation.
Beginning in Term 1, 2021, the Assistant Principal (Student Wellbeing) will support the Principal in strategic and day to day leadership of wellbeing and pastoral care for students across the College. Working collaboratively with College leaders, the Assistant Principal (Student Wellbeing) will develop consistent practices and policies from Kindergarten to Year 12, initiate wellbeing programs and proactively respond to the needs of the community as required.
As a member of the College’s Executive team, the Assistant Principal (Student Wellbeing) is a leadership role responsible for the implementation of the Macquarie College vision, mission and values in daily operations, bringing a highly collegial approach to their decision making. The successful candidate will also lead the Invictus Wellbeing Institute, delivering best practice wellbeing programs to schools, built on preeminent research in positive psychology and education to promote knowledge around resilience, curiosity and empathy.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
· Strategic leadership in the development of wellbeing programmes, practices, and initiatives for students
· An understanding and commitment to the purpose and ethos of Adventist Education as described by Adventist Schools Australia
· Experience in the implementation of high level student behaviour management processes
· A sophisticated understanding of how data can be utilised to improve holistic student outcomes
· Proven ability to successfully manage and lead change in an educational context
· The ability to lead and support teams in a constructive, collaborative and proactive manner in the delivery of individualised care for students
· The capacity to build external partnerships, and inspire students, staff, parents and members of the wider community
The successful applicant will require:
· Eligibility for registration as a teacher in New South Wales, Australia
· A current, valid Working with Children Clearance.
Macquarie College is a child safe institution. Applicants must provide a valid Working with Children Clearance (WWCC) check at the time of application or before employment. All appointments are subject to child protection legislation and employment screening.
Macquarie College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com or Rob Sieben at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 17 August, 2020 5.00pm