- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 31st May, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Aitken College is seeking a dynamic, strategic and highly relational educator to lead its adaptive, innovative and growing Secondary School.
Aitken College is a co-educational, independent school in association with the Uniting Church, offering Prep to Year 12 education to more than 1300 students and located on 18 hectares in Greenvale, part of the urban growth corridor in the North West. Aitken College promotes and supports students to achieve their personal best with a focus on learning, citizenship, wellbeing, problem solving and critical thinking. The College prides itself in providing students with a set of values to become responsible members of our global world. The College values are Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Kindness and Respect, which are embedded in all aspects of College life. Students enjoy a varied academic program which allows them to seek opportunities at all levels including VCE, VCAL and VET.
Reporting directly to the Principal and working closely with a progressive Executive Team comprising the Principal, Deputy Principal and Assistant Principals (Primary, Secondary and Learning), the Assistant Principal (Secondary) will have responsibility for the strategic leadership of all aspects of secondary education, working closely with Heads of Middle and Senior Schools to create a learning environment that is challenging, rewarding and committed to excellence. The Assistant Principal (Secondary) will work collaboratively with others to review, design, implement and evaluate academic and wellbeing programs for students in years 7 – 12. The College’s Strategic Plan provides a focus for immediate and longer-term planning, inviting the successful candidate to make a significant contribution to realising the full potential of the secondary school.
The Assistant Principal (Secondary) builds strong connections with staff members, students and parents in the Aitken College community and more broadly with local and national educators.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced applicant who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic and diverse environment with a particular interest in empowering young people to have agency in their learning and a commitment to a thriving learning environment that fosters excellence. The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively with all stakeholders within the school community.
Commencing in Term 1, 2022 the role has a 0.3 FTE teaching load.
Key selection criteria include:
- Strategic leadership experience in developing future-focussed programs to meet the needs of contemporary learners.
- Proven experience as a highly competent project manager with the organisational capacity to oversee the end-to-end administration and management of various processes.
- An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in student wellbeing programs, practices and initiatives for students and staff.
- A passion for leading and developing high performing teams, with a focus on the growth of individual staff members.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment within which schools operate.
- Flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm for a dynamic work environment
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Masters in Educational Leadership or equivalent
- Have experience as a senior leader.
- Hold a current and valid VIT Registration.
Aitken College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Aitken College has engaged Hutton Consulting to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Aine Maher on 0457521228 or email email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 31 May 2021