- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 13 August, 2023 at 5:00 pm
The Australian Industry Trade College (AITC) is unlike any other school. It is a school for young people who seek a deliberately different educational experience. An industry-driven one. In operation for over 15 years, the AITC provides a unique two to three-year program for young people in Years 10 to 12 that enables and empowers young people to find their purpose and proudly pursue a pathway in industry. A seamless blend of senior secondary education (QCE) and vocational training to engage young people in purposeful learning experiences with real work industry relevance.
After the significant service and outstanding leadership of foundational team member, this rare opportunity at the Gold Coast School is now offered. With a negotiated commencement date, the Assistant Principal plays a key role in the learning and culture of the school. A passionate advocate for industry-driven education, the successful candidate will be an accomplished classroom teacher, who possesses management experience and can influence and utilise evidence-informed pedagogical practices to lead a team and develop innovative and practical applications that drive a positive industry education experience and successful student outcomes. A visible and relational leader, you will be committed to the development of others, with capacity to celebrate and inspire students to embrace learning and find their unique pathway. This position leads the educational program management within the school with a solutions-focused approach and a growth mindset. This is an exciting leadership opportunity in a supportive and inclusive working environment to contribute to the ongoing success of a school that is making a real difference in the lives of young people who aspire to work in industry.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in secondary education and with knowledge of industry education programs, including vocational education and apprenticeships
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary curriculum and pedagogy with the ability to lead, influence and maintain quality teaching for all young people
- An ability to lead and manage the program delivery element of the school with a focus on excellence
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead people, supporting strong performance, collaboration, and change management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) and work collaboratively
Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) registration is essential – additional qualifications or industry experience will be highly regarded.
Australian Industry Trade College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Australian Industry Trade College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the Candidate Information Pack, please contact Tracey Hickey 0402 157 556 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Direct online applications will not be considered.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by 5:00pm on Sunday 13 August 2023.