Sacré Cœur, situated in the leafy inner east Melbourne suburb of Glen Iris, places an emphasis on serious study and academic excellence. The curriculum is designed to engender the integral development of pupils, encouraging physical, intellectual, moral, creative and spiritual growth in a supportive and co-operative learning environment.
Reporting to the Director of Community Relations, the Advancement Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and operations of the Advancement Team, including fundraising; donor engagement; alumnae relations; and engagement across community stakeholders and groups. With an exciting $40million Master Plan unfolding over the next 10+ years, high quality donor engagement and an excellent understanding of what helps donors to give generously are paramount to the fundraising which will play a big part in the exciting development of Sacré Cœur and the girls who graduate from the School.
The Advancement Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and operations of the Sacré Cœur Advancement Team. The role will strategically bring the Advancement Team together, whilst capitalising on opportunities to innovate, enhance and drive efficiencies into the practices of these key activities and stakeholders. The strategies and operations underpinning the function of these vital areas ensures that the targets relating to fundraising in the School are met as well as the development of positive, lasting relationships with stakeholders within and outside the School Community.
This position must shape the demands of a young and vibrant student community with the history and heritage of a highly-respected institution, whilst creating opportunities to create real business gains. The person in this role is required to be fully aware and accepting of the School’s Child Safety Policy and ensure the wellbeing and protection of every child in its care.
With a negotiated start date prior to the commencement of the 2020 academic school year, the successful candidate will be an innovative and collaborative leader able to:
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the School’s strategic plan, with strong skills in documentation, implementation and review of planning and progress.
- Develop systems and structures which promote positive interactions and community engagement, with a focus on new opportunities for connection and growth.
- Evidence sound financial and business acumen, and the preparation of operational and strategic reports at an executive level.
- Manage and lead the Advancement Team to achieve strategic goals in the areas of fundraising and alumnae relations, with the capacity to develop modern practices and ensure synergy between other areas of the School.
- Build and advance strong connections with all stakeholders and actively promote the School through local and international links, grants and philanthropic funding as well as developing current programs and fundraising events.
Sacré Cœur is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Sacré Cœur has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or email email@example.com or Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Wednesday November 20 at 5.00pm